Knowledge for Ageing Society - Contextualising Ageing
While ageing of the population is an inevitable part of most countries in the Global North, the question should perhaps be not how to slow it down, but how to make societies, communities, and individuals cope with it or respond to it appropriately. The goal of the Conference is to shed light on specific contexts of ageing and old age in social sciences and humanities to enlarge and deepen our understanding of the ageing process in all its diversity.
We are inviting participants to share ideas, experience, and progress in all aspects of ageing. Since in the Slovak academic environment ageing continues to be a rare topic, we welcome the opportunity to meet our fellows from various disciplines. We will meet to listen, exchange ideas, and enjoy a socializing atmosphere with individuals who are focusing their research activities in the field of the ageing process. We cordially welcome researchers at any stage of their academic careers (PhD students as well as experienced scholars) to present their ideas in the form of a presentation or a poster.
Specific topics include, but are not confined to:
- Methods in ageing research;
- Ethics in ageing research;
- Old age and ageing in academic discourse;
- Ageing and space (private and public, urban and rural);
- Ageing and solitude;
- Ageing and social network maintenance;
- Ageing and violence;
- Ageing, poverty, and social exclusion;
- (Auto)biographical research: the role of narratives (giving voice perspective) in the area of ageing research;
- Gendered ageing;
- Different contexts of ageism (the workplace, health care, media, community, family etc.).
Registration: March 15, 2018 (including abstract submission)
Conference date: June 27-28, 2018
Venue: Univerzita Komenského v Bratislave, Šafárikovo námestie 6, Bratislava (show map)
Presentation form: Presentation or poster
Fee: 100 €
Further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rubriky: Ostatní akce
Datum: 27. června 2018 — 28. června 2018
Místo: Univerzita Komenského v Bratislave, Šafárikovo námestie 6, Bratislava